Adding Card Charges
- From the Expense List page of your expense report click Add Card Charges.
- Check boxes next to transactions you would like to add to the expense report. Then click Import.
- The transactions will now appear on the Left side of the screen
To Itemize (Not required for all charges)
- Select one of the transactions on the Left side of the screen and fill out the required transaction information in the fields on the right.
- It is important to create a unique and specific business purpose for each transaction. Suggestions include cardholder name, vendor name, and purchase details.
- Click Itemize.
- Complete the transaction details for this part of the transaction.
- If needed to fully itemize the transaction, click Add Another Itemization and repeat the previous step.
- Once the transaction is fully itemized, at the top of the Itemization tab the Total Amount and Itemized Amount will be equal and the Remaining amount will be zero.
- Click save.
To Allocate (Required)
- Select the transaction you wish to allocate and fill out the required transaction information.
- To allocate multiple transactions at once, check the box above the transactions on the Expense list
- Then click Allocate
- Next search for an appropriate Speedtype and select.
- To enter new Speedtypes click New Allocation
- Click save and repeat for each transaction.
- A pie chart symbol beside a transaction indicates it has been allocated. Be sure each transaction and sub transaction (itemized) is allocated before beginning Submission process.
To Attach Receipts
- You may attach one file with all of the receipt images for the entire report or you may attach multiple files.
- In the upper left area of the report window, there is a pull down menu for Receipts, choose Attach Receipt Images.
- This will open a new window that will allow you to browse your hard drive for the file to attach.
- Select the PDF file (3 MB limit per file) with the receipt image.
- When the file appears in Step 2 click Attach.
- Repeat as necessary until the appropriate documentation is provided for the expense report.
- From the same pull down menu choose Check Receipts to verify your receipt files are correct and legible.
For help, CIPS employees may e-mail
Additionally the Finance & Procurement Help Desk can provide assistance via phone or email at (303) 837-2161, or FinProHelp@cu.edu