I need to plan a trip:

  1. As of May 2, 2011, Travel Authorizations (TA's) are no longer needed. However, a 30/31 Travel Approval form is required by SPA. .
  2. Also, regarless of who is paying for the trip, traveler must obtain department approval to travel. Traveler must reimburse the University for any travel-related expenses incurred by the University and ultimately paid by another entity.
    1. For international trips that are so cost to the University, employee travelers must log their trip itinerary in iSOS: ptl.international.com/?m=11BCAS000006

I need a plane ticket:

  1. Internet Airfares: There are two ways to book airfare with Christopherson Business Travel. Provide them with your Speedtype #.
    1. Booking Online: Use the Concur Travel System
      1. $9.00 processing fee
    2. Booking through a Christopherson Agent: See available agents at Christopherson Business Travel
      1. $20.00 processing fee
    3. External Internet Site: If purchasing from an external internet site (e.g. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak) you must obtain a comparison quote from Christopherson. You can do this through the Concur Travel System. Enter the specifications of your travel in the search fields and print the list of Concur fares. You may also contact a Christopherson Agent for a comparison quote. If the external internet airfare is less than the quote, proceed with your purchase using a personal credit card. Your quote and purchase must be on the same day. Without this comparison you will not be reimbursed for the cost of the airfare. For reimbursement after the trip: reference the comparison quote information from Christopherson in the comments on your expense report. Attach the proof of payment for your ticket purchase.
    4. Free Baggage: Frontier and United Airlines are providing free baggage with the purchase of State Airfare Price Agreement tickets. Approved travel agencies servicing the State of Colorado are aware of these fare rules. In order to avoid paying baggage fees, please verify with your travel agent that you have purchased a ticket from the State of Colorado Airfare Price Agreement.

I need a rental car:

I want to make the reservation myself:

  1. Use contracted rental agencies; Avis, Budget or Hertz, per the automobile rental matrix by city.
  2. Note: Four-wheel-drive vehicles may only be rented if the trip requires it to access a difficult-to-get-to location. Unless this is the case, travelers must rent two-wheel drive vehicles.
  3. Insurance: In most cases, VISA provides Collision/Loss Damage Waiver (CDW/LDW). The State contracted agencies provide liability coverage. For more information contact 1.800.VISA.911 prior to traveling to determine the specific insurance needs applicable to your trip.

I want someone else to make the reservation for me:

  1. Your travel agent, Christopherson Business Travel, can help you make these arrangements.

How do I pay for my rental car?

  1. If you need to rent a car, you will need to use your State Travel VISA card.
  2. You will need to obtain a rental car receipt which shows actual itemized charges, not estimates, and proof of payment.

I need to book a hotel:

  1. Use your State Travel VISA card to book your hotel reservations.
  2. The University of Colorado has guidelines for determining "reasonable accommodations" that travelers must follow when booking the hotel. See Lodging Guidelines for more information.

I need to pay conference registration fees

Plan ahead and register early and get the early registration discount most conferences provide.

I want to pay the fee myself:

  1. Do I have an ACARD? If yes, use this to pay for your fee. If not, use your State Travel VISA Card and get reimbursed upon trip completion.

I want someone else to pay the fee:

  1. Conference registration fees can be pre-paid by CIPS, but the traveler must complete the registration form and give a copy of it to Carolyn James, who will complete the payment section of the form and fax it.

How do I process a Travel Expense Report?

  1. CIPS will create your travel expense report for you. Simply turn in your receipts to Nancy Tway in F837. Explain anything unusual that may have happened.
  2. When the report is ready you will be notified. Logon to the Expense System to review and submit your report.
  3. After you submit your travel expense report, it will route electronically to your approver. You are done.
  4. After your approver approves your report it will proceed to Travel Accounting at the PSC. Once they approve your report, look for a direct deposit of your approved reimbursement.

Additional Assistance

For help, CIPS employees may e-mail Email Address
Additionally the Finance & Procurement Help Desk can provide assistance via phone or email at (303) 837-2161, or FinProHelp@cu.edu